Bacon Wrapped Oysters
|Oysters in shells||12|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
1. To open oysters, place 6 oysters in an 8-inch round glass cake dish. Heat uncovered in microwave oven 45 seconds to 1 minute at High (time depends on size of the oysters), or until shells open slightly;
do not cook oysters.
2. Remove oysters from shells; discard shells. Season oysters with pepper.
3. Arrange 6 slices bacon on a microwave-oven-safe roast rack set in a glass baking dish. Cover with a paper towel. Partially cook bacon in microwave oven 3 1/2 minutes at High; rearrange bacon as necessary. Repeat with remaining bacon. Pat bacon with paper towels.
4. Wrap a slice of bacon around each oyster; secure with a wooden pick. Arrange on the roast rack. Cover with a paper towel.
5. Cook in microwave oven 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes at High (time depends on size of oysters), or until oysters are cooked; rotate dish one-half turn halfway through cooking period.