Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Oysters
|Fresh ginger slice||1|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed nutmeats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Smoked ham||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Chinese parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Shell oysters. Mince ginger root; then combine with soy sauce and sherry. Add to oysters and let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain, discarding marinade.
2. Meanwhile crush nutmeats almost to a powder. Cut each bacon strip crosswise in 4 sections. Sliver smoked ham. Cut scallion stalks in 1/2 inch sections.
3. Dip each oyster in crushed nutmeats; then top with a few ham slivers and a piece of scallion. Wrap oysters in bacon sections.
4. Beat egg lightly and blend to a batter with flour, salt and pepper. Dip wrapped oysters in batter to coat.
5. Meanwhile heat oil. Add oysters, a few at a time, and deep-fry until crisp and golden. Drain on paper toweling.
6. Arrange on a bed of shredded lettuce. Garnish with lemon wedges and Chinese parsley.