Avocado and Tomato Bake
|Tomatoes||1 Pound (2 Numbers, 2, Each Weighing About 1/2 Pound)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Snipped fresh basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||5 Drop (A Few Drops)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|Basil sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 385 degrees.
2) Liberally grease a heatproof dish.
3) Slice the tomatoes horizontally in half and then scoop out and reserve the pulp. Ensure that the skins are not pierced. Put the tomato shells in the greased dish.
4) Cut the avocado lengthwise in half. Pry out the seed by twisting the 2 halves apart.
5) Grip the skin of the fruit at the pointed end and then peel it back to remove. Cut the flesh into ½-inch cubes and put them in a large bowl.
6) Over the avocado, sprinkle the lemon juice and then add the reserved tomato pulp as well as the chopped basil.
7) Season the mixture to taste with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, if preferred.
8) Add half of the shredded cheese and stir carefully.
9) Between the tomato shells in the dish, divide the avocado mixture evenly, piling it up neatly. Sprinkle the remaining cheese all over.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, till the preparation is heated thoroughly and the top begins to bubble.
11) Transfer the freshly baked preparation to a serving plate, garnish with basil sprigs and serve right away. Makes an excellent appetizer.