Avocado and Seafood Cocktail
|Firm ripe avocados||3|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Whipped cream/Mayonnaise||3 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Flaked salmon/Crabmeat / cooked prawns / cooked lobster, chopped||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped (Or As Required)|
1) Halve each avocado lengthwise, discard the seeds and scoop out most of the pulp leaving firm avocado shells.
2) Brush lemon juice inside each avocado shell to prevent discolouring.
3) In a bowl, mash the flesh with a fork and combine with the whipped cream or mayonnaise.
4) Season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
5) At this stage the mixture should have a whipped cream consistency .
6) Gently fold the flaked salmon or other seafood; mix thoroughly.
7) Spoon the mixture equally in all the avocado shells.
8) Sprinkle the edge of each avocado shell with chopped parsley and garnish with lemon slices.
9) Serve the Avocado and Seafood Cocktail thoroughly chilled.
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.7 mg8.6%
Sodium 94.6 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 29.8%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet