Kumquat Avocado Mould
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ginger ale||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), chilled|
|Fresh kumquats||1 Pint, rinsed and thinly sliced|
|Ripe avocados||2 , peeled and diced|
1) In a small bowl add hot water and sprinkle gelatin over it. Stir to dissolve.
2) Add salt and ginger ale. Stir to mix.
3) Chill the mixture until lightly thick.
4) Add kumquats and avocado.
5) Spoon into a 1-quart mold.
6) Chill the mixture until almost firm.
7) On chilled serving plate unmold the gelatin.