Salade Aux Avocats
|Lettuce||1 Small, coarsely shredded|
|Endive||1⁄4 , coarsely shredded|
|Curly endive||1⁄4 , coarsely shredded|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned and cut into quarters|
|Avocado||1 , peeled, stoned and diced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Streaky bacon rashers||4 Ounce, rinded and cut into strips|
|Bacon (streaky) rashers||4 Ounce, rinded and cut into strips (100 Gram)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Oil||8 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
|Bread slice||2 , diced (1/2 Inch Thick, To Garnish)|
|Bread slices||2 , diced (1/2 Inch Thick, For Garnish)|
1. Place the lettuce, endive and tomatoes in a large salad bowl.
2. Toss the diced avocado in the lemon juice, then sprinkle on top of the salad.
3. Fry the bacon in a pan in its own fat until crisp and golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and add to the salad.
4. Mix together the mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour into the bottom of the salad bowl.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the diced bread and fry until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
6. Just before serving, toss the salad and sprinkle the croutons over the top.
Calories 704 Calories from Fat 502
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.6%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g70.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.4 mg11.8%
Sodium 746.8 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.2%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 27 g53.3%
Vitamin A 94.1% Vitamin C 52.5%
Calcium 8% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet