Fresh Tuna with Maui Onions and Avocado
|Limes||3 , juiced|
|Soy sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced fresh ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Yellowfin tuna||3⁄4 Pound (sashimi-grade, about 1 inch thick)|
|Radish sprouts||3 Cup (48 tbs), rinsed and dried|
|Diced maui onions/Other sweet onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden caviar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, and ginger in a glass or ceramic bowl. Season to taste with pepper. Set aside.
3. To prepare the tuna, slice the fish into Winch thick slices. Cut each slice into 3-inch triangles.
4. Place equal portions of the sprouts on one side of 6 chilled plates.
5. Peel, halve, and pit the avocados. Cut lengthwise into very thin slices. Fan an equal number of avocado slices around the other side of the plates from the sprouts. Arrange the tuna slices in the center of the plates. Sprinkle the onions on top of the tuna and place 1/2 teaspoon of caviar on top of the onions on each plate. Whisk the vinaigrette, and spoon over the tuna and avocado. Serve immediately.
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.4 mg15.8%
Sodium 775.4 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 20 g40.4%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 18.7%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet