Fresh Asparagus Side
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare a bowl of water and ice – an ice bath – in a separate bowl.
2. Take one piece of asparagus and hold each end. Bend the asparagus until it naturally snaps. Discard the bottom, woody half. Line up the top half with the rest of your asparagus and cut at the same place.
3. Place asparagus in boiling water for about 30-60 seconds. You want to remove it when the asparagus is tender, yet still firm.
4. Remove the asparagus from the boiling water and place in the ice bath. This will stop it from cooking. You want to remove the asparagus from the ice bath when it is cold to touch. Be sure not to leave it in too long or it will get water-logged.
5. Serve with some salt and pepper, toss it with your favorite sauce, use the asparagus to add crunch to a sandwich…so many options. Enjoy!