Creamy Smooth Asparagus Soup
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Asparagus||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped|
|Onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Smoked bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a pot over medium high, heat oil add garlic and let it sweat for a few seconds.
2. Stir in the celery, onions, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt and chicken bouillon. Mix well and let it get toasted for a few seconds.
3. Pour in the water and add in the asparagus. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 seconds or until soft.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, take 1 tablespoon of the cooked asparagus and put it into a small bowl and set aside.
5. In a blender, transfer the contents of the pot and blend well for 1 minute or until smooth.
6. Transfer this smooth asparagus mixture back into the pot, stir in the heavy cream, rice wine vinegar and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
7. In a skillet, add the chopped pieces bacon for the garnish and let it caramelize and brown for 5 minutes on medium high. Once done, remove and add it to the small bowl of cooked asparagus.
8. Ladle a spoonful of the soup into a bowl and garnish it with the cooked asparagus and bacon pieces and serve hot.
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.7 mg27.9%
Sodium 955 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet