Tips on cooking perfect asparagus by blanching and shock chilling, and a delicious Asian asparagus stir fry recipe.
2 Bunch (200 gm), cut in to medium pieces
3 Medium, cut into long strips (green, yellow, and red)
Hot chili flavored oil
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
1. In a pan, boil some water and put asparagus in it. Cover it with lid and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Then, shock it in ice cold water for 2 minutes.
2. Then dip the bell pepper pieces into ice cold water. This will help it retain its color.
3. Take asparagus and bell pepper out of water, and lay them on kitchen towel.
4. In a dry pan, toast sesame seeds. Keep it aside.
5. In a bowl, combine sesame oil, soya sauce, hot oil, and agave syrup together. Mix it well.
6. Heat a wok, drizzle olive oil in it. Put asparagus and bell pepper in it.
7. Sprinkle soya sauce, hot pepper oil, agave in it. Stir it well.
8. Then add some sesame seeds in the wok.
9. If you wish to serve chill just toss bell pepper and asparagus with sauce mixture. Sprinkle sesame seeds before you serve.
10. Serve spicy asparagus with a lemon wedge garnish.
Cut the woody part of asparagus, so that they cook perfectly.
You may also cook asparagus in steamer.
While toasting sesame seeds, keep shaking the pan. This will avoid the seeds from sticking at the bottom of the pan.