Spicy Asparagus Stir Fry
|Asparagus||2 Bunch (200 gm), cut in to medium pieces|
|Bell pepper||3 Medium, cut into long strips (green, yellow, and red)|
|Sesame seed||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot chili flavored oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Agave syrup||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a pan, boil some water and put asparagus in it. Cover it with lid and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Then, shock it in ice cold water for 2 minutes.
2. Then dip the bell pepper pieces into ice cold water. This will help it retain its color.
3. Take asparagus and bell pepper out of water, and lay them on kitchen towel.
4. In a dry pan, toast sesame seeds. Keep it aside.
5. In a bowl, combine sesame oil, soya sauce, hot oil, and agave syrup together. Mix it well.
6. Heat a wok, drizzle olive oil in it. Put asparagus and bell pepper in it.
7. Sprinkle soya sauce, hot pepper oil, agave in it. Stir it well.
8. Then add some sesame seeds in the wok.
9. If you wish to serve chill just toss bell pepper and asparagus with sauce mixture. Sprinkle sesame seeds before you serve.
10. Serve spicy asparagus with a lemon wedge garnish.
Cut the woody part of asparagus, so that they cook perfectly.
You may also cook asparagus in steamer.
While toasting sesame seeds, keep shaking the pan. This will avoid the seeds from sticking at the bottom of the pan.
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.3%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 433.3 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 31.8% Vitamin C 310.9%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet