1) Steam asparagus for 5 minutes
2) Simmer water in a pot with 3 Tbsp vinegar
3) Crack egg into a small dish with sloped edges
4) Use a slotted spoon to make a little whirlpool in the water and slide egg in.
5) Repeat with second egg. Continue to simmer for approximately 3 minutes until egg whites coagulate but the yolks are still soft.
5) Remove with a slotted spoon and let drain over another bowl.
6) Place 4 spears on a plate and top with poached egg. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
The Good News: Asparagus gives you 180% of your Daily Value for Vitamin K, 61% DV for Folate (great for pregnancy), and 73% DV for Vitamin C. Approximate values for this dish are 130 calories, 5 grams of fat, 12.5 g protein, 6 g carbs, and 83 mg sodium.
What better way to start your day than this Healthy Asparagus with Poached Eggs. Watch this video to learn this easy and nutritious breakfast preparation. It's a light breakfast full of nutrition. So now you have one more way to celebrate healthy mornings with your family.