Tender Spring Asparagus
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Remove he thick ends of the asparagus.
2) Peel the large stalks from the bottom up to the first of the little offshoots.
3) In a large frying pan, place the asparagus with enough boiling water to cover.
4) Cook until no longer raw but still rigid, for about 3 to 5 minutes for small spears, 5 to 8 minutes for large spears.
5) Remove from water and drain.
6) Run under cold water to refresh.
7) Boiled asparagus can be served cold in salad or reheat in the butter or liquid to serve hot.