Tender Spring Asparagus
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Remove he thick ends of the asparagus.
2) Peel the large stalks from the bottom up to the first of the little offshoots.
3) In a large frying pan, place the asparagus with enough boiling water to cover.
4) Cook until no longer raw but still rigid, for about 3 to 5 minutes for small spears, 5 to 8 minutes for large spears.
5) Remove from water and drain.
6) Run under cold water to refresh.
7) Boiled asparagus can be served cold in salad or reheat in the butter or liquid to serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1170 Calories from Fat 820
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.7%
Saturated Fat 58.5 g292.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg80.6%
Sodium 48.7 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 38.1 g152.4%
Sugars 34.2 g
Protein 41 g81.8%
Vitamin A 330.6% Vitamin C 169.3%
Calcium 46.2% Iron 215.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet