Fresh Asparagus Bisque
|Green onion including tops||4 , sliced|
|Potato||1 Small, peeled and diced|
|Canned regular strength chicken broth||47 Ounce (1 Large Can)|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Whipping cream/Half and half (light cream)||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut the tough ends from asparagus and discard.
2. Wash the asparagus spears and cut into 1-inch pieces. Keep aside.
3. In a Dutch oven or other large pan melt butter over medium heat.
4. Stir in green onion and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add potato, chicken broth, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, dill weed, and asparagus.
6. Cover and cook over simmering heat for 30 minutes.
7. Take off from heat.
8. Pour the soup into food mill and blend.
9. Transfer soup back to the pan.
10. Mix egg yolks with cream
11. Fold it to the cream.
12. Heat the soup and stir until hot.
13. Serve hot.