Asparagus Cream Ramekins
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||3 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned asparagus spears||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can / 439 Grams)|
|Hard-boiled eggs||3 , chopped|
|Ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs), fried|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour, salt, pepper and mustard.
3) Stir over a medium heat until smooth, then cook for 1 minute.
4) Pour in the milk and stir until the sauce comes to a boil and thickens.
5) Drain the liquid from the asparagus and slice into 1 inch pieces.
6) Pour about 1/4 cup asparagus liquid into the sauce.
7) Then stir in the cream (instead of adding cream add additional 2 tablespoons asparagus liquid, if desired).
8) Fold in the hard-boiled eggs, ham and asparagus; mix thoroughly.
9) In 6 lightly greased ramekins, spoon the mixture and sprinkle with the grated cheese and fried bread cubes on top.
10) Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbly.
11) Serve the Asparagus Cream Ramekins straight from the oven.
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.7 mg51.9%
Sodium 370.6 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 20.4% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet