|Canned asparagus spears||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can / 439 Grams)|
|Hard-boiled eggs||4 , sliced|
|Cooked sliced potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bacon rashers||2 , crisped|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Buttered breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Thoroughly drain and slice the asparagus spears into 2 inch pieces.
3) In a lightly greased casserole, arrange the asparagus spears.
4) Cover with a layer of hard-boiled egg, then spread a layer of sliced cooked potatoes.
5) Sprinkle with the crisp, crumbled bacon on top.
6) In a saucepan, melt the butter, stir in the plain flour, salt and pepper.
7) Blend until smooth, then cook for 1 minute without browning.
8) Pour in the milk, stir continuously and simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce comes to a boil and thickened.
9) Spoon over the ingredients in the casserole and sprinkle with the grated cheese and buttered breadcrumbs.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the surface is browned and the mixture is bubbly.
11) Garnish the Savoury Asparagus with parsley and serve straight from the casserole.