Asparagus With Vinaigrette
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. To prepare asparagus trim them to 5-inch (12 cm) lengths, reserving stalks for another use.
2. In large skillet, bring enough lightly salted water to cover asparagus to boil.
3. Add asparagus, reduce heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes until tender-crisp.
4. Drain and refresh under cold water, drain again and place in shallow dish.
5. Slice onion into thin rings and arrange over asparagus.
6. In a bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, rose-mary, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Pour over asparagus and onion rings and serve.