Lettuce - 1 small head, torn in bite-size pieces (4 cups)
Celery - 1 cup, sliced
Green onion - 1/4 cup, sliced and tops
Salad oil - 1/2 cup
White wine vinegar - 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
Cooked beets - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Egg - 1, hard-cooked, finely chopped
Parsley - 1 tablespoon, snipped
Paprika - 1 teaspoon
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Dry mustard - 1/2 teaspoon
Hot pepper sauce - 4 drops, bottled
1) In a pan, cook the asparagus until just tender; drain and refrigerate until chilled.
2) In a bowl, combine the asparagus, lettuce, celery and onion together.
3) Dressing : In a screw-top jar, add the salad oil, vinegar, lemon juice, beets, egg, parsley, paprika, sugar, salt, dry mustard, and hot pepper sauce together; cover and shake thoroughly.
4) Pour the dressing over salad and toss lightly until thoroughly coated.
5) Serve the Asparagus Toss immediately.