|For the ravigote dressing|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , hard cooked and finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh asparagus||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, washed and sliced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, washed and sliced|
1) To make the ravigote dressing, in a small saucepan, add onion, parsley, capers, tarragon and white wine. Let the mixture boil before simmering down. Cook uncovered for 2 minutes or till the liquid has reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Let cool down for 10 minutes.
2) In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, egg white, lemon juice and wine mixture. Mix well and refrigerate covered.
3) Chop off the rough ends of the asparagus. Scrub and rinse the asparagus under cold running water. Scrape the skin and scales off the stalks.
4) Hold the asparagus stalks in a bunch and tie them together with a string. In a deep saucepan with boiling water filled to 1-inch depth, place the bunch upright.
5) Let the water come to a boil. Cover and let cook for about 15 minutes. If the lower parts of the stalks are easily penetrated with a fork, they are done. Drain and refrigerate the stalks.
6) In a large saucepan, cook the artichoke hearts as per its packet instructions. Drain and refrigerate. Do the above steps a day in advance.
7) In a large pot of boiling water, steam the mussels. Scrub them under cold, running water and throw away the half-opened mussels.
8) In a large skillet, add 3/4 cup boiling water. Cover the skillet and steam them for 3 minutes over medium flame. When the shells start opening, drain them. Discard the bad ones. Let the cooked mussels cool down to room temperature.
9) Spread Chicory over a large serving plate. In separate bunches, place the asparagus, artichoke hearts, sliced tomatoes, mushrooms and mussels.
10) Garnish the asparagus with pimiento strips. Sprinkle lemon juice over the mushrooms.
11) Serve the Ravigote Dressing on the side.