Tagliatelle with Asparagus Ham and Cream
|Fresh asparagus||1 Pound (450 gram)|
|Fresh tagliatelle/2/3 pound / 300 gram dried tagliatelle||1 Pound (450 gram)|
|Butter||50 Milliliter (3 1/2 tablespoon)|
|Prosciutto/Unsmoked ham||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 1/4 inch strips (225 gram)|
|Cream||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
1) Peel the asparagus, trim off the tip of each spear about 1 1/2 inches down, keep stalk in one piece and discard the tough bottoms.
2) In a large pan with the salted boiling water, add the asparagus stalks, and cook, until half cooked. Add the tips and cook until just tender, then remove with a slotted spoon and allow to slightly cool.
3) In the same boiling water cook the tagliatelle, until tender.
4) In a frying pan, saute the prosciutto in the butter, until the butter begins to brown.
5) Stir in the cream, bring to a boil, lifting up the bits from the bottom of the pan bottom while stirring. Season with the black pepper to taste.
6) Slice the asparagus stalks into 1 1/2 inch lengths and discard any tough bottoms.
7) Stir into the sauce along with the tops, coat thoroughly with the cream.
8) Drain the tagliatelle, transfer into a warm serving bowl.
9) Stir in the sauce and grated Parmesan, toss until thoroughly coated and adjust the seasoning, before serving.
10) Serve the Tagliatelle with Asparagus Ham and Cream, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 932 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.6%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.7 mg27.2%
Sodium 1440.3 mg60%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.8%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 37 g74.7%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet