|Asparagus||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Fresh asparagus||1⁄2 Pound, sliced into 1-inch slices|
|Carrots||4 Medium, julienned|
|Celery stalks||2 , julienned|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Parsley sprigs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Vinaigrette dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required, Home Made Or Bottled)|
|Vinaigrette dressing||1 Tablespoon, made|
|Boston lettuce head||1|
1) In a pan, bring water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt for every quart of water.
2) Add the julienned carrots and bring to a boil, the immediately remove with a slotted spoon.
3) In the same pan with the salted boiling water, individually blanch the celery and asparagus.
4) In a large bowl, add the blanched carrots, celery and asparagus, raw mushrooms and parsley.
5) Drizzle over the vinaigrette, and toss until thoroughly coated.
6) Spoon the salad on lettuce lined serving plates and serve.
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 475.7 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.8%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 291.2% Vitamin C 42.3%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet