Saucy Asparagus Spears
|Fresh asparagus/Frozen asparagus spears - 2 packages, 10 ounce each||2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled, finely chopped|
1. Wash and slice the asparagus.
2. Take a deep saucepan and place the asparagus. Add boiling water to a depth of about an inch and cover the pan.
3. Cook for 15 minutes or until crisply soft or cook the frozen asparagus.
4. In the meantime, take a small heavy saucepan and mix together mayonnaise or salad dressing, lemon juice, basil and pepper.
5. Heat while stirring constantly until the mixture is warm.
6. Remove the saucepan from heat and add chopped tomatoes.
7. Heat serving plates and place the asparagus spears.
8. Spoon sauce over and serve hot.