Vegetarian Asparagus Delight
|Canned asparagus spears||16 Ounce, drained (reserve liquid) (1 Can)|
|Canned mushrooms||3 Ounce, sliced and drained (reserve liquid) (1 Can)|
|Cheese sauce mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion flakes||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Egg||1 , hard cooked and chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Paprika||1 Tablespoon, slivered|
1) Add water to the reserved liquids to equal 1 cup.
2) Stir in cheese sauce mix and onion to this.
3) Heat on high power for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
4) Add mushrooms, chopped egg and shredded cheese.
5) In an oven tray, arrange asparagus spears and pour the cheese mixture on top.
6) Sprinkle almonds and paprika on this. Cover the tray with wax paper.
7) Heat on high power for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly.
8) Let stand, covered, for 3 minutes.
9) Serve hot with bread or salads.
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.4 mg21.5%
Sodium 389.1 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 60.6% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet