Asparagus Egg Stacks
|Eggs||6 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Frozen asparagus spears||20 Ounce, cooked, drained and chilled (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|White bread slice||12 , buttered (Firm Textured)|
|Radishes||6 , sliced thin|
1. Grease a shallow 9-inch square baking pan with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
3. Place a pan filled with 1 inch of water on middle level of the oven to create a water bath.
4. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine eggs with milk, salt, mustard and red pepper seasoning.
5. Use a large fork or a wire whisk to lightly beat the eggs until yolk and whites are blended. Do not whisk till fluffy.
6. Strain the egg mixture into greased baking pan.
7. Cover the pan with wax paper and place in the water bath in the heated oven.
8. Bake custard for 30 minutes or until sides are set and center is set but soft.
9. Remove pan from water and allow to cool at room temperature.
10. Chill in refrigerator then cut into six 1 1/2 –inch wide strips.
11. On each of 6 bread slices, arrange 5 or 6 asparagus spears.
12. Arrange custard strips on asparagus and top with radish slices.
13. Close sandwiches with remaining slices of bread.
14. Cut each sandwich into half and serve right away or wrap in cling film, foil or wax paper and chill
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 219 mg73%
Sodium 1130.1 mg47.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet