Saute Of Veal With Asparagus
|Veal loin||2 Pound, boned (1 Piece)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Scallions/Shallots||4 , finely chopped|
|Heavy cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut veal into 2-inch cubes.
2. Clean asparagus trimming root ends.
3. Separate tips and stems and cut stalks into two.
4. In two separate pans of boiling salted water, blanch tips for 8 minutes and stems for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Drain in a colander catching cooking liquid. Keep warm
6. Place asparagus in a blender and puree until smooth.
7. In a large heavy pan, melt butter.
8. Add veal and sauté until lightly browned.
9. Season according to taste.
10. Add scallions and sauté for a few minutes longer.
11. Sprinkle with flour and sauté until flour is cooked but not browned.
12. Add 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups reserved asparagus liquid and stir until blended.
13. Cover pan and simmer veal for about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
14. Add asparagus puree, cream, lemon juice and blend in.
15. Adjust seasonings according to taste.
16. Simmer on low flame for about 8 minutes.
17. Dish out into a heated serving dish.
18. Garnish with asparagus stem bunches around edges of dish.
19. Serve immediately, accompanied by plain boiled rice.
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.2 mg47.1%
Sodium 157.4 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 30.2% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet