Stir Fried Asparagus
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seed||1 Teaspoon (Jeera)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Holding the stalk at both ends, bend gently until it breaks on its own. Discard the hard portion of the stalk.
2. Cut the remaining asparagus spears diagonally into 2 inch pieces.
3. Bring oil to medium heat in a large frying pan, that can hold all the asparagus.
4. Put the cumin seeds to the frying pan and wait till they crack; then add asparagus, ginger, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
5. Stir-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus are tender but still crunchy.
6. Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese on cooked asparagus, just prior to serving. If the asparagus is warm enough, the cheese will melt and be delicious.
7. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Add 1 tablespoon sliced almonds half way through cooking the asparagus (step 5 of Method). This will make a beautiful presentation and taste great.
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg1.4%
Sodium 345.9 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet