|Asparagus spears||4 Pound|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Shredded swiss cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Discard the tough ends of the asparagus.
2) Now, with the help of a vegetable peeler or a knife, discard its scales.
3) In some boiling water cook the asparagus for around 8 minutes or until crisp and tender.
4) Drain it.
5) On a serving platter, arrange the asparagus and keep it warm.
6) In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt butter on a low flame.
7) Mix in flour to it and cook for a minute with constant stirring.
8) Add half-and-half gradually and cook over moderate heat with constant stirring until it thickens and bubbles.
9) Next, add lemon juice, ham, cheese, salt and nutmeg.
10) Stir the cheese until it completely melts.
11) Serve the asparagus with sauce.
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g88.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.5 mg41.2%
Sodium 988.7 mg41.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 56.2% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 32% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet