The Natural Princess keeps it easy with some cheesy roasted asparagus spears.
1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Preheat your oven to 450 F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with a rim with foil.
3. In the lined baking sheet arrange the asparagus into a single layer and drizzle over the top about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the arranged asparagus spears. Roll them a little so that all the spears are well coated with the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
5. Roast the asparagus in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes.
6. After about 12 minutes remove the baking sheet and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the roasted asparagus spears.
7. Put the baking sheet back into the oven for another couple of minutes so that the cheese melts and is a golden brown in color.
8. Serve warm freshly roasted.
The asparagus can also be roasted with olive oil, garlic or even shallots omitting the cheese if required.
The cooking time depends on the thickness of the spears. The thicker they are the more time they would need to cook.
Things You Will Need
1. A large baking sheet with a rim
2. A sheet of foil to line the baking sheet
Craving for something healthy and roasted then check out this Asparagus Roast recipe, you will definitely like it. Chef Alicia once again brings to you the healthiest recipes, the asparagus roast is a very healthy and filling dish.