Summer Squash Saute with Asparagus
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), slivered|
|Summer squash||1⁄2 Pound, sliced to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Frozen asparagus spears||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Make Batter: In medium bowl, with rotary beater, beat flour with salt, pepper, and milk until smooth.
2. Slowly heat oil in medium skillet. Add garlic; saute until golden-brown. Then remove the garlic, and discard.
3. Dip squash in batter, coating completely. Then saute, in hot oil, until golden—2 to 3 minutes on each side.
4. Drain squash well on paper towels. Keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, cook asparagus as package label directs. Drain.
6. To serve: Arrange asparagus around squash on platter. Dot asparagus with butter. Garnish with lemon wedges.