Chicken Orange Kebab
Chicken Orange Kebab is a special type of chicken kebab that uses orange juice to impart a citrusy, tangy sweet taste to the kebabs. These kebabs taste best when served hot along with a mustard sauce and fresh salad as a snack or appetizer.
A) Main ingredient
- skinless/boneless chicken breast
- grated orange zest
- orange juice
- brown sugar or honey
- light soy sauce
- grated ginger
- rice wine vinegar
- sesame oil
C) Optional foods (may be used to thread along with the chicken)
- bell pepper, cut into squares
- fresh broccoli, seasoned with salt and pepper
- celery stalk, cut to squares
- pineapple, cut into cubes
Ingredients for the marinade are combined together. Cubed chicken is tossed well in the marinade and refrigerated preferably overnight, turning the chicken pieces around intermittently. Then the chicken, fruit and vegetable pieces may be threaded alternately onto skewers. The remaining marinade is brushed over the threaded pieces. After greasing the heated grill pan with cooking spray, the skewers may be placed on it and turned around intermittently till the kebabs are done.
A serving size of ~ 120 g of the Chicken Orange Kebab would provide-
§ 209.9 calories with 60 calories from fat
§ Total Fat content of 4.9 g with 0.8 g saturated fat and monounsaturated fat 2.8 g
§ Cholesterol content of 65.7 mg
§ Sodium content of 364.9 mg and potassium 386.7 mg
§ Total carbohydrate content of 14.5 g with dietary fibre content of 1.3 g and 8.6 g sugars, the remainder being other carbohydrate components.
§ Protein content of 26.8 g.
§ Vitamin C 46.6 %, Vitamin B- 12 7.2 %, selenium 29.3 %, zinc 6.5 % (based on % daily values).
· A fresh crunchy green salad with vinaigrette dressing may be served along with the Chicken Orange kebab to add fibre value to the food.
· A minty chutney may be presented as an accompaniment that would add Vitamin C, K, folic acid and some amount of minerals like potassium and iron.