1. In a saucepan over low heat, caramelize the sugar until it turns a dark golden brown.
2. Slowly and carefully pour the water into the caramel. CAUTION! The caramel is very hot and the water will quickly boil and steam. Stir until the caramel is dissolved in the water and it becomes a thin syrup. Remove from heat.
3. Add the butter and set the pan aside to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 350*F.
5. Mix together the egg and condensed milk in a bowl.
6. Sift the flour and baking soda together into the egg and milk. Mix well.
7. Pour the caramel butter sauce into the batter and mix well.
This yummylicious cake draws its name from its interesting honey-comb like patterns. A Malaysian staple, this lip-smackingly good cake is a must try for all sweet lovers. Spongy, bouncy, and bitter-sweet treat makes for an excellent recipe for baking enthusiasts to try.