Vietnamese spring rolls with tuna is a simple and easy dish to prepare. It can be served for parties. All its ingredients are fresh and deliciously tasty.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Medium, sliced
2 , chopped finely
1. First soak the rice noodles in cold water for 20 minutes and at the same time put a pot of water to boil on the stove.
2. Once the water is boiling, blanch the noodles in the boiling water then immediately rinse under cold water and strain. This will help to keep the noodles bouncy and springy.
3. Prepare a bowl of water with ice cubes and keep on the side. Then blanch the spring onion for 20 seconds in the same hot water.
4. Remove and soak spring onions in ice water to arrest further cooking and drain. Place them on a kitchen paper towel to absorb the water. Chop and mix the spring onion with the tuna.
5. Take two sheets of rice paper at a time and lay it flat on a big plate or tray. Sprinkle water using your fingers and once the rice paper has softened, place a piece of lettuce on one side of the paper.
6. Put a piece of tuna on the lettuce, following here by a small clump of noodle, some cucumber and carrot shreds on top. Then fold the bottom paper and over the filling, fold in the right and left sides. Roll the wrapper so that it is 2/3 rolled. It will come easy with a bit of practice.
7. You can place a strip of spring onion as well to make it a handle. Place coriander leaf on top of the roll: this will appear like a little design on the finished roll. Roll again until the edges are sealed.
8. Place the finished roll on a plate and cover with damp towel.
9. To make the peanut sauce, combine 1/2 cup water, hoi sin sauce, sugar, peanuts and garlic until well mixed.
10. Roast the peanuts to give extra flavours if you like.
11. Decorate a big plate with cucumber, carrot, fresh coriander and lettuce leaves. Place our peanut sauce in Chinese spoons and place spring rolls on top of the spoons.
Looking for a snack to impress your guests? Try Vietnamese spring rolls. A simple and easy dish to prepare, it is bound to create a good impression owing to its taste and lovely presentation. This dish is best served for cocktail parties.