|Snap peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (240 Milliliters)|
|Granulated dashi||1⁄2 Teaspoon, made from seaweed|
|Sake||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Peel the skin of the potato with a peeler.
2. Cut the potato into 4 wedges.
3. Cut the onion into half, cut the root part and cut into 6 wedges.
4. Chop off the head of the carrot. Cut it into 2 halves. Cut into rolling wedges.
5. Cut the sliced beef in half.
6. String the snap peas.
7. Boil water in a sauce pan, add a pinch of salt and boil snap peas for 30 seconds.
8. To prevent the color of snap peas from changing, soak the snap peas in icy water.
9. Fry beef in heated oil until the color turns brown.
10. Add carrots and cook thoroughly.
11. Then add onions and potatoes.
12. Cook until the surface of the potatoes become opaque.
13. Dissolve granulated dashi in 1 US cup of water and pour into the pan.
14. Add sake and sugar and cook for about 10 minutes.
15. Use a drop lid to cover the pan.
16. After the sugar is absorbed by the surface add the soy sauce.
17. Simmer for another 10 minutes until the liquid gets less.
18. Place snap peas at the top and boil for 1 more minute.