My favorite way to cook a snapper is Vietnamese style with lemongrass, garlic, pepper. lemon juice and rind. Chef Belucci has nicknamed it as Beautiful snapper. The fish has the taste of all the individual ingredients and yet the taste of fish prevails. Enjoy the Vietnamese snapper recipe.
1. With a sharp knife gut the snapper (or have your butcher do that for you) and clean and wash the fish. Pat dry.
2. With a sharp knife make 3-4 gashes on both sides of the fish.
3. On a large plate place the gashed snapper fish and rub some lime juice inside the hollow and the gashes. Rub some salt all over and set it aside.
4. Put pounded lemongrass, lime and salt in the hollow of the fish.
5. Also add coriander, basil, split red chili, crushed garlic.
6. Cut the ginger lengthwise and put it in the gashes of the fish.
7. Put some sea salt on a foil, spread remain lemongrass, basil and coriander on it.
8. Place the fish and top with other ingredients.
9. Fold the foil and bake fish for 25-30 minutes at 200 degrees.
10. The Vietnamese snapper is ready.
11. Serve the whole fish with steamed rice or as it is.
For all who enjoy eating fish, here is a delectable treat for you all. Vietnamese baked snapper is a delicious dish which Chef Belucci makes in the video. Seasoned with herbs and spices, the fish is definitely not to be missed!