Korean Food: Spicy Fried Pork (제육 볶음)
|Pork||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cut into thin pieces (Shoulder or loin)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Green onions||2 Large, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Green hot pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Red hot pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper paste||5 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic cloves||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1⁄4 , pureed (Or apple sauce)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Gather in a large bowl the pork pieces, cooking wine, salt and black pepper. Mix well and set it aside for at least 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes add to the pork, onion, the apple sauce and all the other ingredients for the sauce. Combine well. Cover it with a plastic wrap and set it aside for 3 hours.
3. In a slightly oiled pan pour the marinated pork, and fry it until the meat is completely cooked on medium high heat.
4. When the meat is cooked, add the green onions and chilli peppers. Fry for 1 more minute and turn off the heat.
5. Serve warm with steamed rice.