Korean Food: Spicy Fried Pork (제육 볶음)
|Pork||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cut into thin pieces (Shoulder or loin)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Green onions||2 Large, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Green hot pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Red hot pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper paste||5 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic cloves||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1⁄4 , pureed (Or apple sauce)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Gather in a large bowl the pork pieces, cooking wine, salt and black pepper. Mix well and set it aside for at least 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes add to the pork, onion, the apple sauce and all the other ingredients for the sauce. Combine well. Cover it with a plastic wrap and set it aside for 3 hours.
3. In a slightly oiled pan pour the marinated pork, and fry it until the meat is completely cooked on medium high heat.
4. When the meat is cooked, add the green onions and chilli peppers. Fry for 1 more minute and turn off the heat.
5. Serve warm with steamed rice.
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132 mg44%
Sodium 1094.4 mg45.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 46 g92.5%
Vitamin A 38.5% Vitamin C 138.6%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet