Korean Food: Angel Noodle Salad (천사채 샐러드)
|Seaweed jelly noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Called "CheonSaChae")|
|Carrot||1⁄8 Large, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Large, thinly sliced|
|Cucumber||1⁄3 Large, thinly sliced|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For boiling the noodles)|
|Vinegar||1 Tablespoon (Brown Rice Vinegar or Apple Vinegar)|
1. In a pan or a large vessel boil water. Place the noodles in the water gently and cook for 15 seconds. Once cooked, drain the water.
2. Immediately place the noodles in a bowl and pour in the vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well and set it aside for 20 minutes.
3. Take a bowl and soak the thinly sliced onions in it for about 10 minutes. This is done to take away the strong onion flavor. After 10 minutes, drain the water. If there are any left over water drops on the onion, pat it dry with a paper towel.
4. After 20 minutes of setting the marinated noodles aside, drain off any liquid in the noodles.
5. In a large bowl and combine the noodles, all the cut vegetables and mayonnaise and mix well. Add sugar. (You can adjust the quantity of sugar and mayonnaise added according to your taste).
6. Serve the delicious and healthy seaweed noodle salad with dishes of your choice.