Korean Food: Spicy Fried Squid (오징어 볶음)
|Squid||1 Large, cut into 1-inch bite size pieces (or 2 small squids)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Carrot||1⁄3 Large, cut diagonally into pieces|
|Green onions||2 Large, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Green hot pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Red hot pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Red pepper paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||2 Pinch|
1. Take a bowl and combine the squid pieces, onion, carrot and half of the green onions. (Save the remaining green onion pieces for later).
2. Combine together the red pepper paste, red pepper powder, soy sauce, sugar, minced garlic, cooking wine, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and 1 or 2 pinches of black pepper powder.
3. After 30 minutes, take a pan and heat it. When the pan is warm pour the marinated squid along with all the vegetables and the marinade into the pan and fry it.
4. When the squid is completely cooked add the remaining green onions and chili peppers and fry it for 1 more minute and turn off the heat.
5. Garnish the dish by sprinkling sesame seeds on top.
6. Serve warm with rice, noodles or boiled bean sprouts.