Korean Food: Sticky Rice Cakes with Cake Crumbs (경단)
|Sweet rice flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), crushed|
|Yellow cake||3 Cup (48 tbs), crumbled|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a mixing bowl add sweet rice flour, sugar, salt and mix well.
2. Add water and stir it well so that no lumps are formed. Cover it with a platic wrap and cook it in the microwave oven for 3 to 6 minutes at high power. The batter becomes a thick dough. Knead the dough with a fork for at least 5 minutes.
3. Place a baked yellow cake on a plate and cut off the brown crust with a knife and crumble the cake using your fingers.
4. Add the walnut pieces to the dough and mix gently so as to not crumble the walnuts further.
5. Wet your palms with a little water mixed with a pinch of salt while working on the dough. Take small portions of the sticky rice dough, roll them into small bals and roll it on a plate of honey followed by the cake crumbs.
6. Serve immediately.
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.34 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 196.2 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.26%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet