Korean Food: Mini Fried Chicken (미니 양념치킨)
|Chicken breast||1 , cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I chicken breast is used)|
|Cooking wine||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||5 Cup (80 tbs) (For frying)|
|Black pepper||2 Pinch|
|For the batter:|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon (For covering)|
|Egg white||1 Medium|
|Corn starch||4 Tablespoon|
|For the sauce:|
|Honey/Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds/Chopped peanuts||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
1. On a plate place the chicken cut in cubes on it. Add salt, pepper and cooking wine. Mix well and set it aside for 10 minutes.
2. Add corn starch to cover the chicken cubes.
3. To make the batter, take a bowl and combine corn starch, egg white and water. Put the chicken cubes into this batter and mix.
4. In a saucepan mix ketchup, red pepper paste, mayonnaise, honey or corn syrup, sugar, sesame oil, olive oil, cooking wine, garlic, onion and black pepper(all the ingredients for the sauce). Combine all these well.
5. Heat a pan with oil for frying place the marinated chicken cubes one by one. When they turn light brown in color remove them from the oil. Fry once more until they become golden brown.
6. Heat the saucepan with the mixture of the sauce ingredients, boil the sauce. Once the it starts boiling, cook for 1 more minute on medium heat. Add the fried chicken into the simmering sauce and mix it well.
7. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
8. Serve warm as a snack and enjoy!
The chicken is fried twice for extra crispiness, you can choose to fry it once as well.
Calories 5566 Calories from Fat 5154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 583 g897%
Saturated Fat 76.1 g380.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.8 mg29.6%
Sodium 812.7 mg33.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 37 g74.5%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet