Kongguksu is a popular summer dish made with soybean broth and noodles. I’m very excited to introduce this easy recipe to all of you!
Dried soy beans
1 Cup (16 tbs), washed, rinsed and soaked for 12 hours
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (almon, pecan, walnuts)
Skinned and roasted sesame seeds
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
1⁄2 , julienned
1⁄2 , sliced
1. Wash and rinse the soy bean several times under cold running water.
2. Soak the bean in water for 8 to 12 hours.
3. Drain the beans and put the beans in a pot with fresh water, enough to cover and boil for 12 to 15 minutes without lid on high heat.
4. Rinse the soy bean under cold running water and press and peel of the skin.
5. Rinse the beans again for several times so and get rid of the floating skin.
6. In a blender, put 1 cups of cooked soy bean along with purified water, nuts, sesame seeds and salt, and blend it for 2 minutes.
7. Put in the ice cubes, and blend for 1 minute more.
8. In a pot, bring some water to boil, and cook the noodles as per the packet instructions.
9. Check the noodles and rinse it until cold running water.
10. Drain the noodles and make it in 2 rounds.
11. Place the noodles in serving bowl, and pour soy milk on top.
12. Garnish it with cucumber and tomato, add in few more ice cubes and serve chilled.