Korean Food: Tofu Soybeanpaste Soup (두부 된장찌개)
|Potato||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Zucchini||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Tofu||1⁄2 , cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Hot green pepper||1 Medium, slice into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Red hot pepper||1⁄2 Medium, slice into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dried anchovy||1 Packet (6 dried anchovies)|
|Kelp seaweed||6 , cut into half|
|Beef & mushrooms ingredients:|
|Beef||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried shiitake mushroom||2 Medium, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Soup soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 Large, slice into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Soyabean paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. In a pan, add water, 1 dried anchovy pack and six 1" x 2" pieces kelp. Once it starts boiling, continue boiling for 5 minutes and then remove the anchovy pack and the kelp from the broth.
2. In a bowl combine ground beef, mushrooms, soup soy sauce, minced garlic, sugar, sesame oil and black pepper. Mix well and set it aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. In a pan fry the beef and mushroom mix until the beef is cooked.
4. Add the broth into the pan with the cooked beef and mushroom mix. Add the potato and cook for 5 minutes on a high heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook until the potato pieces are cooked. Ocassionally remove the foam on the surface of the soup.
5. Add soy bean paste, red pepper paste and red pepper powder. Mix well to dissolve well. Cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Add the green onion and hot peppers. Cook for 2 more minutes and turn off the heat.
7. Serve warm with your choice of sauces.