Korean Food: Dak Galbi (닭갈비)
|Green onions||2 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Sweet potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, halved|
|Rice cakes||10 Medium|
|Sesame leaves||6 Medium (Folded into half, de-stemmed and cut into 1-inch strips)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (For garnishing)|
|Chicken breast boneless||9 Ounce, cut into bite size pieces|
|Cooking wine/Water||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Red pepper powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Take a bowl, add the chicken, cooking wine, minced garlic, black pepper and mix well.
2. In a small bowl combine red pepper powder, curry powder, sugar, red pepper paste, minced garlic, minced ginger, soy sauce, cooking wine and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
3. Add 2 spoons of sauce into the chicken bowl and mix well. Leave some sauce for later.
4. In a heated pan add olive oil and sesame oil. Add the cabbage, sweet potato, onion and the rice cakes. And add the chicken on top of all the vegetables. Add some water.
5. When it starts to boil, add the left over sauce into it. Fry till the chicken is almost cooked and add the green onions and the sesame leaves and fry till the ingredients are completely cooked and the rice cakes are soft. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top to garnish.
6. Serve warm with your favorite sauces and vegetables on the side.