Korean Food: Korean Style Haddock Soup (동태국)
|Haddock||12 Ounce, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Korean radish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 1-inch square pieces (Optional)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, sliced|
|Green onions||2 Large, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Hot pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Dried anchovies||1 Packet|
|Kelp seaweed||6 Medium|
1. To prepare the broth, in a medium sauce pan coil the water, kelp and dried anchovy packet and bring to a boil.
1. After 10 minutes remove the anchovies pack and the kelp pieces from the broth. Add the haddock into the simmering broth.
2. To the pan now add the radish and the onion. When it starts to boil again add minced garlic and salt.
3. Skim the foam that comes to the surface of the boiling broth.
4. After 10 minutes add hot pepper and green onions. Cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Serve warm with rice and other Korean dishes.