Korean Food: Skewered beef (산적)
|Korean crab sticks||5 (Each one cut into half and then all the hallves are cut into three groups of equal sizes)|
|Green onions||3 Medium (Cut into the same size as the crab sticks)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 3-inch pieces|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
1. Chop the beef, onions and crab meat into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine soy sauce, cooking wine, sugar, minced garlic, black pepper and sesame oil. Mix well until the sugar dissolves. Add the beef to it and mix well. Set it aside for sometime till the other ingredients are prepared.
3. In a heated pan, cook the marinated beef until the beef is completely cooked. Add 1 tablespoon of water to it and cook till the beef is done.
4. After all the ingredients are cut, take tooth picks and pierce in all vegetables one by one in the same order - green onion, crab, white part of green onion, beef and green onion. If you do not like crab then you can skip it and pierce the green onion and the beef alternatively in the tooth picks.
5. In a bowl break the eggs and beat, and in another bowl add flour. Coat the skewered vegetables and beef with the flour first and then the egg and fry in a hot greased pan till the egg coating turns golden brown in color.
6. Serve warm with your choice of sauces.
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.7 mg25.9%
Sodium 163.8 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet