Korean radish kimchi (kkak-do-gi=깍두기) is one type of Kimchi made with Korean radish. Serve this kimchi with rice, soup and other Korean side dishes. I hope you like this. If you have any question please let me know. !!! :)
6 Cup (96 tbs), peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
2 Large, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Tablespoon (Salt rub and salt is washed away)
For the rice paste
Sweet rice flour
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
For the sauce
Red pepper powder
1. Chop the radish into 1 inch cubes, cut the green onions on the bias and into 1 inch pieces.
2. Take a large bowl and mix the radish pieces with salt and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. In a microwave safe bowl to make the rice paste, mix the sweet rice flour with water. Cook for 1 minute. Then take it out and stir it well. Once again cook it in the microwave oven for 1 minute, and take it out and stir. Repeat the process till you get a paste-like consistency. (You might have to do it about 3 - 4 times)
3. After 30 minutes of setting the radish pieces aside, rinse the pieces twice in water and drain.
4. To make the kimchi paste (sauce), take a large bowl and add 1/2 cup of the rice paste, garlic, ginger, sugar, red pepper powder, fish sauce, salt and mix well.
5. Add the radish pieces into the paste and combine well. Then add the green onions and combine again.
6. Transfer the sauce coated kimchi into a glass jar and leave outside for a day and then refrigerate it until use.
7. Best served chilled as a side dish to your favorite Korean dishes and snacks.