Korean Food: Fried Dumplings & Dumpling Soup (만두 튀김 & 만두국)
|For the fried kimchi dumplings:|
|For the dipping sauce number 1:|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the dipping sauce number 2:|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the dumpling soup|
|Green onions||2 Medium|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon (1/2 teaspoon added in the soup and 2 pinches for the egg topping)|
|Beef stock powder/Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon (Beef Dashida)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dried seaweed||1 , cut into pieces|
For the fried dumplings and sauce:
1. Heat oil in a medium pan till its hot and place the thawed or fresh dumplings and fry both sides till golden brown.
2. Turn the stove to a medium and keep frying till golden brown and set aside.
3. For two sauces- In two separate bowls add and mix together the ingredients for the 2 sauces to serve with the fried dumpling.
4. Serve the dumplings warm with the sauce on the side.
For the dumpling soup:
5.In a cooking pot bring water up to a boil.
6. While the water boils you can make the egg topping (called jidan in Korean). Break the eggs in a bowl, add salt and mix well, each egg will require a pinch of salt.
7. Take a pan, heat it, pour some oil and wipe it with a paper towel. Pour in the egg mixture and fry till cooked. Cut it into thin slices or diamond like shapes.
8. Into the boiling water add the 14 dumplings, and when it starts to boil again add the minced garlic and salt. Add the beef dashida (beef stock powder). Stir and cook for about 7 minutes.
9. Add green onions and cook for 1 minute. (If you have not made the egg topping separately, pour the egg mixture here and cook for 1 minute)
10. Serve hot and garnish with some jidan or dried seaweed.
A simple way to cook the egg topping is to pour and stir the mixed eggs into the soup and boil for about 1 minute.