Buchu Jeon (부추전) is one of the popular Korean snacks. Sometimes Koreans like to eat pancakes on rainy days because it is a simple and quick snack to make without going out in the rain. Many Koreans believe that garlic chives helps fight colds and makes the stomach strong. If you can't find jeon flour (Korean pancake mix,) then you can use normal flour with the addition of one egg.
8 Ounce, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 Medium, sliced
1 Medium, chopped
3 Cup (48 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Tablespoon (For frying)
For the dipping sauce
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1. Take a large bowl and add the flour. Add water a little by little while continuously stirring till the batter reaches the required consistency. Add salt.
2. Add the chive pieces, the onion slices and the hot pepper into the batter and combine well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. When its warm, put some of the mixed batter in the pan and spread it out evenly. When one side is done flip over the pancake and let the other side cook.
4. Make a dipping sauce by mixing the soy sauce and vinegar.
5. Serve the pancakes warm with the dipping sauce.
Who said pancakes are only meant for breakfast? Eat them like the Koreans do! These make wonderful rainy day snacks cause you need no special ingredients for them and do not need to make a trip to the market when it’s pouring outside! These pancakes have a whole bunch of garlic chives of green onions in them, which are believed to help fight colds and make the stomach strong. This recipe of Jeon or Pancakes call for jeon flour (Korean pancake mix) but if you do not have that, use normal flour instead.