Korean Food: Garlic Chive Pancakes (부추전)
|Garlic chives||8 Ounce, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Hot pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Jeon flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|For the dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar/Apple vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Take a large bowl and add the flour. Add water a little by little while continuously stirring till the batter reaches the required consistency. Add salt.
2. Add the chive pieces, the onion slices and the hot pepper into the batter and combine well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. When its warm, put some of the mixed batter in the pan and spread it out evenly. When one side is done flip over the pancake and let the other side cook.
4. Make a dipping sauce by mixing the soy sauce and vinegar.
5. Serve the pancakes warm with the dipping sauce.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.94%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.6 mg11.5%
Sodium 1061.9 mg44.2%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 5% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet