Korean Food: Fried Fish Cake (어묵 볶음)
|Korean fish cake||14 Ounce (1 pack)|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut into thin 2 inch strips|
|Carrot||1⁄3 Large, cut into thin 2 inch strips|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the sauce:|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Mirin rice wine/Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||2 Pinch|
|Minced garlic cloves||2 Medium|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
1. Cut the fish cakes into 1/2 inch pieces. One 14 Oz pack will give you 5 pieces.
2. Take a pan and put olive oil, and when its hot fry the fish cake, saute and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the onion and cook for another 2 minutes followed by the pepper and carrots and fry for 20 seconds. And set this aside for a while.
4. To make the sauce in a pan, add soy sauce, cooking wine (Mirin), sesame oil, red pepper powder, minced garlic, oyster sauce, corn syrup, black pepper and mix well.
5. Heat until it boils and then simmer at a medium heat for a couple of minutes, then add the fried fish cake along with the vegetables into this simmering sauce and combine well. Add a little salt to taste.
7. Sprinkle some sesame seeds to garnish and serve with cooked warm rice
Red pepper powder can be found in an oriental or Korean store.
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.7 mg11.2%
Sodium 1176.9 mg49%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 36.7% Vitamin C 47.7%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet