Kimchi or marinated cabbage salad is a very popular preparation in Korea. Flavored with apple pear and apple in this recipe video as a part of the marinade along with fish sauce, garlic and ginger, the kimchi is made with Napa cabbage and has radish and green onions to it. Kimchi is generally enjoyed along with rice as a side in Korean meals.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
8 Cup (128 tbs)
Crushed red pepper
2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)
- Slice Napa Cabbage into bite size pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Mix water and salt together and pour over cabbage.
- Let the cabbage sit for 2 hours.
- In a blender, combine the garlic, onion, apple, apple pear, and ginger together. Puree.
- Julienne the Radish and thinly slice the Green Onions.
- After 2 hours rinse the cabbage in cold water about 3 times.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl. (Rubber gloves recommended)
- Store the kimchi in room temperature over night and then keep in the refrigerator.
If you are open to new and exotic foods like kimchi, then this recipe could be your bet. This spicy fermented vegetables made by Anna Kim makes from a scrumptious, out-of-the-box, adventurous side dish. So if you are game for trying something new, you can safely tune onto this recipe for some inspiration.