Jangban Guksu can also be called Bibimguksuis or the Korean Buckwheat Soba Noodles in Spicy Sauce. The noodles are topped with a hot and sweet spicy tangy sauce and served with a lot of fresh vegetables and egg. Jangban Guksu is a complete meal. Try out this dish and spice up your meal.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 , seaweed
1) In a bowl add all the sauce ingredients and mix well. Make sauce ahead and chill in the refrigerator.(Sauce is very expandable)
2) Cut as much as possible vegetables as much as possible into thin strips. If prepping pear or apple ahead of time place into a lemon water bath to prevent browning.
3) Cook noodles per package directions (cook in water or stock).
4) While the noodles are cooking arrange the vegetables around the plate.
5) When the noodles are done rinse them in cold water. Place the cold noodles in the center of the plate, spoon over the sauce and top with an egg half.
Do you have a favorite cold noodle dish for hot summer days? If not try this one! James shows how to make a Korean spicy noodle salad, with lots thinly sliced raw vegetables and a hard cooked egg dressed with a sweet and spicy sauce made with red chili paste, rice vinegar, sugar, and sesame. The meal comes together quickly, the most time needed is to cut up the vegetables. This salad is perfect for the hot and humid summer months as it requires little to no cooking. Do not be fooled by the simplicity of its