Cabbage Kofta Curry
|Potato||3 Medium, cut into four pieces|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Inch, made into paste|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Gram flour||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Amount If Needed)|
|Chopped tomato||2 Small|
|Cooking oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Green chili||4 , chopped|
|Ghee||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Garam masala||To Taste (Optional)|
1. Cut cabbage into small slices and boil. Drain water and allow to cool.
2. Add half of ginger paste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp each of coriander, cumin and red chili powder, salt, sugar, two green chili chopped and besan as reqd. to the boiled cabbage and mix thoroughly. Make into small round shaped balls. Mix salt and little turmeric powder to the potato pieces.
3. Heat 4 tablespoon oil and deep fry the cabbage balls. Deep fry the potatoes. Keep aside.
4. Heat 2 tablespoon oil add 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds and bay leaf. Fry for 30 seconds. Add rest of the spices mixed in little water. Add chopped green chili. Cook for a minute and add chopped tomatoes and cook till well fried and good flavor of spice comes out.
5. Add about two cups water and fried potatoes. Bring to boil. Cook till potatoes are well cooked.
6. Add cabbage koftas and boil in low heat for about a minute. Serve hot with rice or paratha. May add ghee and garam masala to make it more tastier.
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.4 mg1.1%
Sodium 136.8 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 125%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet